Can I just say that WOW!!! these last weeks are flying by! I have moved to a new school and since I started moving my stuff, my summer has pretty much ended. And it was short to begin with seeing as we had to report back to work July 30!! Yes, I said July. It's truly criminal, if you ask me, to make school start back that early. But they didn't ask me. The kids started back this last monday, so I have officially made it through the first week at my new school! And I will add that I LOVE IT!! Everyone has been so incredibly nice and helpful to the new pregnant lady who waddles down the hall! I have not been one to accept help from people (mainly because I am a little OCD and I can fully accept that) but I have totally changed and realized that I can let alot of small things go. And the world keeps on turning! What do you know!!
I love the ladies I work with, and I love my students! They have been so sweet! They are fascinated by the fact that I'm having a baby and love to ask about "Madison"! I was really sad to leave all of my friends from my last school, but I have transitioned alot better than I thought I would. I still really miss my daily chats with those people who know me so well, as well as knowing people as I walk through the halls, but I will survive. I have come to the full realization that God had this in his plans all along. He knows what is just up the road for me, and he has placed me in a position that, although is challenging right now, will be the best for me and my new family! I really do feel blessed to have things fall into place like they have, and I know it has nothing to do with what I have done!
Showers
I have had a couple showers this summer, and I have one more today! I am excited to see friends and family from in town (here in Memphis) and I will post about all of my showers soon! Here are a couple pics for now of all the nice ladies that have thrown some super cute showers for Madison and I!
| Our Oklahoma City Shower!! It was so cute and Pink!! |
| Our church shower! It was a tea party and pretty freaking cute!! |
All I can say about this little girl is that she will be wearing pink for a year! This girl has so much cute clothes, and how can you resist the pink?!? You will see when her room is finished and I post pics of that!
The room
Oh, the room! The week before inservice, her furniture finally came! So that meant a couple of days of painting and prepping the room in our spare time of working in my room and at the shop! Sooo I didn't sleep a whole lot that week, but we had to work fast while justin had his couple of days off! Her room is painted, furniture all put together and placed, and almost completely done! It is looking soo sweet! My goal was to do pink, but very soft and pale. I think things have worked out perfectly! I will post pics when it is completely done, which will be really soon!
| Ok. I am fully aware I look like the michelin man with a disabled arm. I was focusing. |
| Understand this. I never post pics like this of myself. It was at least midnight. I was trying to capture the helpful nature of Bella. She basically laid by my side while I was painting! |
| Our living room once we brought the furniture boxes in. I think I was vacuuming styrofoam for the next week! |
I took maternity pictures last week, which I am excited to see! I don't have any to share yet, but I will once we get them!!!
When she's coming
So I went to the doctor for my first "check" this Thursday. I am now down to the weekly checks! I was really interested to find out what her opinion was of when I should aim toward for this little girl's arrival! I know it is not possible to "plan" on her coming, but I like to at least have a plan in place in case it works out. I am 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced. She laughed when I asked if she had any idea of when to expect and said "you probably won't make it to your due date". This little girl is head down and preparing for landing! I have decided that if she is comfortable with inducing, which she indicated, that I am going to take her up on that option. I probably would rather just go when Madison is ready, but since all of our family is 8 hours away, I would much rather them be able to plan and be here than scramble and possibly miss it. Including her dad! I have this fear of going in to labor and him being stuck somewhere where he can't get back in time. I literally have nightmares about it. I have a plan in case that does happen and will have people with me, but I would rather it not!
So this week I am really trying to get little things wrapped up. I still have a few projects for her room to finish, and packing my hospital bag is on my list. I also have to make sure I have her outfits ready for her to wear once she joins us! :)
Ok. this ended up being much longer than I anticipated, but now I feel less guilty about not being on here!
No comments:
Post a Comment