Pages

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Uncle Robbie: Turning Blue....

So this last week, we got to go get Uncle Robbie!! He's been in Basic Training for the Army since late January, and he is finally done! He had 2 ceremonies, the "Turning Blue" and Graduation. Now, I would be lying if I told you I knew what "Turning Blue" really meant, but to me, it just meant he made it! The Blue ceremony was short and sweet, but was special because I got to put his blue cord on him!

Side note: My dad was going to be the one to put his cord on him, but they were not able to make it to this ceremony. They got trapped in DFW by weather, their flight cancelled, and were not able to get to the base in time. They had planned to be there of course, but it didn't work out! It ended up being ok, because it wasn't a "big deal" in Robbie's words, but we were there to do it and take him away! He got to leave with us once the ceremony was over!

Playing around before the ceremony! We got there extra early to make sure we got front row seats!

 We got 10 minutes to put his cord on and visit! First time to see him and talk to him! Madison just wanted to eat the cord...... of course!

Robbie was on the 2nd row back, 2nd from the right. With the glasses on that he hates so much. I actually think they are a little "trendy".


 Waiting for Robbie at the car! I just love this cute little Bear! He wanted to change out of his dress blues to be more comfy! If you can call it that....

Freedom!

Madison loved hanging out with Robbie all day! I'm pretty sure Robbie enjoyed Madison too! We drove all around the base, visited the commissary, shopped at Ranger Joes, and then finally met my parents and Elizabeth at Cheddars for lunch!

Robbie had to be back on base at 8, so we ate a quick dinner and returned him safely. :) We were all tired and ready for some rest before the big day tomorrow!

Nothing like a good bath in the sink to get you ready for bed! (The tub just wasn't right.....)

Tomorrow.... Graduation!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment