Things are coming along! I am now one quarter of the way through my pregnancy. It kinda makes me sad when I think about it. For as long as I wanted to be pregnant, this is flying by! When I think about this, my next thought is that I will finally get to meet my OWN little one at the end and I say hurry up!! I have told Justin several times that I am amazed at the pure LOVE I feel for this little being inside me even though I have no idea who she is! :)
My favorite thing about this week: people have quit teasing me for "sticking out my stomach"! Not that I ever got mad about that because I understand a lot of people don't show early, but I'm glad they see it now! It makes me happy to see progress! For me, I think of it as the only way (besides sickness, etc.) I can really tell I'm pregnant since there is no movement yet. The new popular question is now, "Are you sure there's only one in there?"
Me: sickness is generally gone except for the times it sneaks up on me as I am ready to walk out the door in the morning. This seems to be the most popular time. I found out that hamburgers and I don't really get along. The details aren't necessary, but I won't be eating one for a while. I have also joined the nap-a-day club! I find myself always exhausted these days and while I can, I am taking a nap whenever I feel like it. Obviously only at home, I do not nap at work. That would be weird.
| This is my napping buddy. Who wouldn't love to wake up to this? |
Valentine's Day-
This week also included that famous day of hearts and flowers! We do not usually do a whole lot besides get each other cards and cook/go out to eat. This year, Justin was in NYC for work, so it was going to be pretty low key. And it was, until my planning period. I got called to the office and had a few things waiting for me! These beautiful flowers and amazingly delicious strawberries! And yes, they are Shari's Berries. And yes, they are as delicious as they say!
But that wasn't it! On my way home, Justin called me to check in, as we do every day, and got my attention when he asked "When are you coming home?" Coming implies that he is home and not in NYC!!! I was so excited! He was able to get off work early enough to come home! When he walked in the door, he gave me this! I felt so spoiled and loved!
He also cooked an amazing steak dinner to top it all off! All in all it was the best Valentine's Day I have ever had! He did a great job making me feel so special for our last V Day as a family of 2!

Doesnt it feel great to feel more like you are pregnant? I got asked too if I was sure I only had one baby in there! I started showing at 6 or 8 weeks. I am glad your sickness is starting to go away! Oh and those naps are glorious, arent they? :) I love your weekly update picture! It is very cute and you look beautiful! I wish I looked like that but most of the time I am so tired I dont really care to get all prettied up! :) lol Well I am glad you are doing great!
ReplyDelete