Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Floating away??

So, if you don't live in Memphis, you might not know that we are all at risk of floating away out here. We have had tons of storms in the past week and a half and have had more rain than we know what to do with! With that said, the rivers and creeks, including the Mississippi, are already flooding and here comes more! Our super knowledgable weather people (that statement may be highly debatable) are saying were going to get tons of rain in the next couple of days.

This oughta be fun. NOT!

Our house is in the "hundred year flood zone" and our business is at more of a risk. We have started taking a few precautions at the business even though the rain hasn't really started because of course, they are saying this could be a hundred year flood! I'm not really convinced that our house is in bad danger, but we do have a creek down the street from our house that is rising. I am keeping an eye on things and have made sure to get things off of the floor as best I can. I mean what else do you do? I've been through many many storms throughout my days but never really dealt with floods.

Bella on the other hand is totally prepared. We practiced swimming at the park at her party and she is confident.

See? I told you she was ready!

So for now, we wait. I hope this all blows over and it is nothing like they predict. But if the rain comes, you can look for us floating around in Cordova, TN.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment